Nanocomp is looking for Optical Engineer to support and drive the development of leading-edge micro-optical components for illumination applications. In this role you will be primarily responsible for a prototype fabrication, in-depth analysis of manufactured optical components, planning and building of system level implementations, developing and executing optical measurements, and doing performance evaluations.
• R&D level optical measurements (e.g., photometer/ colorimeter)
• Verify performance to specifications by measurements
• Contribute to building proof of concept samples
• Generate prototypes for marketing and customers
• Interact with customers to provide expertise on technical issues
• Provide support for the quality team
• BS, MS, PhD in Optics, Physics or Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience with optical components
• Understanding of the basic optics principles
• Basic understanding of the display technologies
• Solid knowledge of optical test equipment and lab verification
• Hands-on type, self-directed and motivated person
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Good English language skills
• Fully computer literate (MS Teams/Word/Excel/Outlook)
Abilities that are considered an advantage
• Experience in working in cleanroom environment
• Basic knowledge of color science
• Electronics understanding at a level to understand LED driving schemes and power efficiency
Job-related questions of the open position can be directed to CTO Dr. Samuli Siitonen (cell. +358 40 550 2766).
Please send your application with salary request and CV by 23th Seb 2022 to the address email@example.com. Mark the position in the e-mail subject field.