Open position – OPTICAL ENGINEER
Nanocomp Ltd is a Finnish high tech company founded in 1997. The company’s key competences are the design and manufacture of micro-optical components. The customers include global opto-electronic product manufacturers and OEM’s. The company strategy focuses on intensive growth on the international market.
We are now looking for a OPTICAL ENGINEER.
Nanocomp Oy Ltd is looking for an experienced and self-motivated optical engineer to provide prototyping and characterization of micro-optics and diffractive optics components. The successful candidate will support measuring for prototyping and fabrication. This person will support both in-house and external prototyping and manufacturing efforts.
The successful candidate should have significant experience in relevant micro optics, diffractive optics and component metrology. Have the ability to modify and develop new metrology tools relevant to the requirements established by the team. This individual will collaborate with other engineers and technicians to perform characterization and testing of micro-optics and diffractive optical components, assemblies and systems.
- Work with an optical engineering provide rapid prototyping and characterization of micro-optics and diffractive optics components
- Support measuring for prototyping and fabrication/manufacturing
- Innovate metrology techniques and develop robust predictive models for micro-optics and diffractive optics components.
- Provide metrology information and instructions to internal and/or external design, prototyping and manufacturing groups
- Provide support for in-house and external prototyping and manufacturing efforts
- Work with other engineers to transfer data to manufacturing and validate results by specifying testing parameters and methodologies
- BS, MS, PhD in Optics, Physic or Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience with optical components
- 5+ years of experience as an optical engineer working on micro optics and diffractive optics systems integration for consumer electronics products
- 5+ years of experience in optical metrology, testing and lab work to verify component, assembly and system level performance
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work cross-functionally with the team
- Experience and/or knowledge in one or more areas listed below is a plus:
- Illumination systems design for LED and Laser light sources.
- Understanding of optical display technologies and components – OLED, LCD, Back- and Frontlight.
- Diffractive optical element design for beam shaping and illumination.
- Opto-mechanical system integration.
- Optical materials.
Inquiries concerning the job should be directed to Samuli Siitonen, tel. +358 40 550 2766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV and application with salary request should be sent to email@example.com no later than 20.03.2016.