THIN PLASTIC OPTICS FOR LASERS
Laser light is used for its properties such as collimation, monochromaticity and high power. These features enable its use for measuring applications that require high accuracy and functionality e.g. ambient light or motion detection sensors, self-leveling laser line systems, industrial optical sensing and other optical sensors.
All applications require controlling the light, whether it is shaping, directing or diffracting. Traditionally light is controlled with refracting glass optics, but options exist. Through surface microstructures and diffractive optics, same functionality can be accomplished with thin plastic film components. Film components are thinner and lighter in weight as well as lower in cost when compared to traditional glass components. Additionally by choice of material and its properties, components can flexible or rigid.
Nanocomp has wide variety of components and solutions available for laser optics manufactured on thin plastic film. Customized solutions can be done accompanied with extensive simulations, providing great results on complex challenges.
- Fully customizable signals
- High expertise on large output angles (opening angle up to 90°)
- Very experienced in-house design with design for manufacturing (DFM) approach
- Variety of material choices: PET, PMMA, PC thickness 0.02 / 0.50 mm
- Rapid prototooling & simulations
- Machine vision
- Gesture recognition
- Laser measuring systems
- Product identification & security
- Laser machining
- Customized signals for large output angles